Before setting the DNS, please find the IP address of your router.
How to Find Router IP on Windows
- 1. Open the program command prompt
- 2. Type “ipconfig” without the quotes, spaces, and others symbols and press enter
- 3. The IP address from default gateway is most likely the IP address of your router
How to Find Router IP on OS X
- 1. Open System Preferences.
- 2. Go to Network and click Advanced.
- 3. Open TCP/IP – and there you will find the routers IP.
- Open your browser input your router IP address.
- Login to your router. If you have not changed details then the default settings are admin/admin.
- Select Manual Internet Connection Setup.
- Enter your DNS IP address manually.
- Click Save button.
- Restart your router and all devices connected to it.
Some D-link routers have an option under Setup/Network Settings called enable DNS relay. Please make sure that this option is not enabled. The same goes fort unicasting if you have this feature.
Also please unlink the router from the myDlink service as this service will bypass and DNS settings you make.