Dubai today is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. According to Dubai Tourism statistic over 15 millions of tourists visit the city in 2017. Dubai is amazing city of the future. However, you can face some unpleasant Internet censorship in the United Arab Emirates. Lots of services like Skype, Facetime, WhatsApp call, IMO and others voice calling services are blocked in Dubai. Here we are going to show you how to unblock Facetime in Dubai in a few minutes.
How to Unblock Facetime in Dubai UAE
First of all we must say that Facetime application in not available of iPhones made especially for UAE. There are very serious restrictions on VOIP services in the country so the government of UAE does not let Apple to sell official iPhones with Facetime.
If you bought your iPhone in sme other country you can easily unblock Facetime in Dubai using personal secure VPN connection. This is safe and reliable way to use Facetime in Dubai.
What is VPN for Facetime in UAE
VPN is a virtual private network – your secure connection that helps to mask your IP address and also encrypts all your traffic. Some vpns are less secure but if you are using SSTP/SSL connection this looks like you are surfing secure https:// website (like your email or facebook). This type of connection is really secure and invisible for your Internet provider. And at the same time it helps to avoid any kind of Internet restrictions in the United Arab Emirates. So with secure SSL connection you can unblock Facetime in Dubai.
How to Use Facetime in Dubai
Below are three simple step to unblock Facetime:
- Create vpn connection on your device
- Connect to VPN
- Use Facetime and others blocked services without any limits.
How to Unblock Facetime in Dubai UAE on Android
Please download and install SSTP VPN client here
Launch “VPN client pro” app on your Android device
1. Tap + icon to add new VPN connection and choose “New SSTP VPN Profile”
2. Input name of the VPN connection (anything you want) and tap “Remote servers”
3. Tap + icon on the bottom
4. Input Server address that you can find in your “vpn account data” letter in the marked field and tap OK button.
5. Server address must be exactly as in your account data (without http://, www or any other symbols)
Click the marked icon on the right upper corner to save the settings
6. Swipe to the right on the right upper corner to connect to VPN server, input your username and password, tick Save and OK
7. If everything is OK you will be connected. When you are connected to VPN, you will see an ongoing notification in the Status bar on your Android device.
How to Unblock Facetime in Dubai UAE on iPhone
To setup SSL (SSTP) vpn connection in your iPhone or iPad please follow the next instructions:
1. Install Cisco Anyconnect app from App Store
2. Open Anyconnect app and in Settings section uncheck “Block Untrusted Servers” to allow it.
3. Back to Home, tap Connections -> Add VPN Connection.
4. Enter Description (any name) and Server Address. Tap Save
5. Swipe the AnyConnect VPN switch from OFF to ON and tap Continue
6. Input Username tap Connect, input Password and tap Connect.
7. Wait for the connection.