Table of Contents
Before setting the DNS, please find the IP address of your router.
How to Find Router IP on Windows
- 1. Open the program command prompt
- 2. Type “ipconfig” without the quotes, spaces, and others symbols and press enter
- 3. The IP address from default gateway is most likely the IP address of your router
How to Find Router IP on OS X
- 1. Open System Preferences.
- 2. Go to Network and click Advanced.
- 3. Open TCP/IP – and there you will find the routers IP.
Setup Smart DNS in Asus Router
- Open your browser input your router IP address.
- Login to your router. If you have not changed details then the default settings are: admin/admin.
- Scroll down menu on the left and select WAN.
- Select WAN DNS Setting.
- Select No for Connect to DNS Server automatically.
- Enter your DNS IP address manually.
- Scroll down and click Apply to save all changes.
- Restart your router and all devices connected to it.