Before setting the DNS, please find the IP address of your router.
How to Find Router IP on Windows
- 1. Open the program command prompt
- 2. Type “ipconfig” without the quotes, spaces, and others symbols and press enter
- 3. The IP address from default gateway is most likely the IP address of your router
How to Find Router IP on OS X
- 1. Open System Preferences.
- 2. Go to Network and click Advanced.
- 3. Open TCP/IP – and there you will find the routers IP.
Setup Smart DNS in Actiontec Router
- Open your browser input your router IP address.
- Login to your router. If you have not changed details then the default info is:
- Select Advanced Setup in the top menu and then WAN IP Settings on the left side.
- Select the Static DNS Addresses radio-button.
- Enter your DNS IP address.
- Click Apply to save all changes.
- Restart your router and all devices connected to it.
If you have any problems try to restart your devices and router. Then check your account status in your account home. You should always see 3 green check marks if the device you are using is set up correctly.