Indonesia is one of the countries where almost a half of Internet users are using vpn on a daily bases. This happens due to strict Internet censorship. Many websites are blocked in the country. There is a simple and safe solution to bypass censorship and this is a VPN. VPN masks IP address and also encrypts all traffic. With VPN you can easily bypass censorship in the country.
Minister of Communication and Information Rudiantara said that they put some sort or keywords and most of them are pornographic. Among blocked sites and applications are Grindr, Blued, Boyahoy. Any internet websites is blocked when any kind of inappropriate material is found.
Below you can find the list of some blocked services:
- Mister X
- Wing Ma’am
About 800,000 websites were blocked and over 90% of them were pornographic.
Some messaging applications like Telegram are also blocked in Indonesia.
Grindr, Tumblr, Reddit are also limited in Indonesia.
So how to access blocked sites in Indonesia?
How to access blocked websites in Indonesia
- Get secure VPN account
- Setup a vpn connection on your device
- Access any blocked sites in Indonesia.
With Aeroshield you can enjoy your Internet freedom without any limits and restrictions.
How to Setup SSL VPN in Android Phone or Tablet
Please download and install SSTP VPN client here
Launch “VPN client pro” app on your Android device
1. Tap + icon to add new VPN connection and choose “New SSTP VPN Profile”
2. Input name of the VPN connection (anything you want) and tap “Remote servers”
3. Tap + icon on the bottom
4. Input Server address that you can find in your “vpn account data” letter in the marked field and tap OK button.
5. Server address must be exactly as in your account data (without http://, www or any other symbols)
Click the marked icon on the right upper corner to save the settings
6. Swipe to the right on the right upper corner to connect to VPN server, input your username and password, tick Save and OK
7. If everything is OK you will be connected. When you are connected to VPN, you will see an ongoing notification in the Status bar on your Android device.
How to Setup SSL VPN in iPhone and iPad
To setup SSL (SSTP) vpn connection in your iPhone or iPad please follow the next instructions:
1. Install Cisco Anyconnect app from App Store
2. Open Anyconnect app and in Settings section uncheck “Block Untrusted Servers” to allow it.
3. Back to Home, tap Connections -> Add VPN Connection.
4. Enter Description (any name) and Server Address. Tap Save
5. Swipe the AnyConnect VPN switch from OFF to ON and tap Continue
6. Input Username tap Connect, input Password and tap Connect.
7. Wait for the connection.