Table of Contents
Before setting the DNS, please find the IP address of your router.
How to Find Router IP on Windows
- 1. Open the program command prompt
- 2. Type “ipconfig” without the quotes, spaces, and others symbols and press enter
- 3. The IP address from default gateway is most likely the IP address of your router
How to Find Router IP on OS X
- 1. Open System Preferences.
- 2. Go to Network and click Advanced.
- 3. Open TCP/IP – and there you will find the routers IP.
Setup Smart DNS in ZyXEL Router
- Open the IP address of your router in your browser and Log in. If you have not changed password login with 1234.
- Open Configuration (small gears on the left ).
- Select Network > LAN.
- In DNS Assignment select user-defined for each field and enter your DNS IP address.
- Now click Apply and restart your devices.